What is a Market Order?
A market order is an order that will be filled immediately based on the currently displayed price. Please note that market orders are only applicable to a select range of trading pairs on ProBit Global.
What is a Limit Order?
A limit order is a conditional trade based on set prices determined by the trader and can be complemented with other conditions to accomplish the specific goals of the trader.
- The trader will set a maximum or minimum acceptable price for an asset.
- The trade will not be executed unless it can be filled at the set price (or better).
- Therefore, Limit Orders are not guaranteed to fill or may only fill partially.
When placing a limit order, clicking on GTC will show the different types of orders.
- GTC - A GTC order is an order that is executed at a specified price point, regardless of the time frame involved in reaching that point.
- GTCPO - A GTCPO is a limit trade that is completed only when it can’t be executed immediately.
- IOC - An immediate or cancel order (IOC) is an order to buy or sell an asset that executes immediately, in full or partially, canceling any unfilled portion of the order.
- FOK - A fill or kill (FOK) order requires the transaction to be executed immediately and to its full amount or not at all.
- In the search bar, type in the token name or symbol. The current price will be displayed as Last Traded Price.
- In the Buy or Sell sections under Limit, enter your desired buying or selling quantity.
A. Clicking on one of the prices in the orderbook on either the buy or sell side will automatically apply that particular price.
B. Clicking on the % bar will automatically apply X% of your holdings towards a trade.
(E.g, clicking 25% above the Buy button would purchase BTC equal to 25% of your total USDT holdings)
- Once the desired price is set, press Buy or SELL.
Why Hasn’t My Order been Filled?
Your open order should be reasonably close to the most recently traded price or it will not be filled. Please keep this in mind when designating your specific price.
You can track the status of all placed orders by clicking Order History and Trade History in the box below.
1. Open Orders: Orders waiting to be filled as no one has agreed to your prices.
*Open orders can be canceled. Try canceling and placing your order closer to the most recently traded price if it isn’t getting filled.
2. Order History: Shows orders that you have placed before
3. Trade History: Shows orders that have successfully filled
When you’re holding a specific altcoin and wish to sell it for another altcoin but there is no available trading pair, refer to the following steps.
- Find a quote currency that both altcoins share.
- Sell the first altcoin into a quote currency.
- Purchase the 2nd altcoin with the quote currency.
Example: You have BPTC and wish to trade it for BTC.
- Since there is no BPTC/BTC trading pair, see if there is a quote currency that both BPTC and BTC share. In this case, they both have a USDT trading pair.
- Sell the token (BPTC) for the desired quote currency (USDT).
- Once you have the quote currency (USDT), you can use it to purchase BTC (BTC/USDT trading pair).